Saturday, July 25, 2009

Repetition and repetition

I was reading through my posts and noticed a fair amount of repetition and redundancy in many of them. For what it's worth, there is a reason for this: let me explain. Several years ago I was in an accident and lost my short term memory. One of the strategies I was taught to overcome this disability was rendundancy and repetition. It has become something of a habit, no doubt due to redundancy and repetition. I seldom remember what day it is, let alone what I wrote (or said) a day or two before. This is a trait that some find amusing, and others find irritating. I would hope that those sensitive to my repetition find it amusing rather than irritating, but that is something I have little control over. (As for my spelling and grammar, I wish I could attribute any shortcomings to my injury, but I can't.) I just wanted to mention this lest some suspect me of being an idiot.

No comments: